Saturday, May 23, 2015

NYX 2015 EYEBROW PRODUCTS: REVIEW


NYX Cosmetics has been KILLING the brow game lately. With the arrival of their 2015 Spring Collection, NYX has added four new eyebrow products: NYX Brow Mascara (in the shade Espresso), NYX Tame and Frame Tinted Brow Pomade (in the shade Espresso), NYX Eyebrow Gel (in the shade Black) and NYX Micro brow pencil (unfortunately, will not be reviewing) 
I have been on the HUNT for this NYX brow products. Three Ultas, beauty supply stores, and a few online retailers. 
I finally found these makeup gems at an Ulta that is a bit of a distance from my house, minus the micro brow pencil (which I am still in search of) b
It seems nowadays everyone is a brow expert having a say so in what they believe is the "perfect brow".  Personally, I believe there is no such thing as a perfect brow as everyone has his or her preference of brow shapes (like high arched, rounded arch, thin brows, taper fade brows... just to name a few) 

I love eyebrow/ beauty memes by the way lol! Anyway... Let's get on with the review, shall we? 
NYX Tame and Frame Tinted Brow Pomade in Espresso ($6.99) 

Firstly, let's start of with the Brow Pomade. 
CLAIMS: 
(Description/Claims from www.nyxcosmetics.com) 
🔺What it is: A smudge-proof, waterproof and pigmented pomade for brows. 
🔺What is does: Fills and shapes brows to desired thickness for a long wearing result. 
🔺Why we love it: The simple application and smudge-free formula makes achieving dream brows easy! 
🔺How to use: Dip an angled brush into the brow pomade. Outline and fill in any sparse areas in the brows, then blend with a spoolie to smooth out any harsh lines. 



I feel like NYX purposely creates products in order to be an inexpensive alternative to higher brands products. I am sure we have all heard of the cult favorite Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow pomade ($18). Since I have never personally tried this product, I can not say whether the NYX Tame and Frame Pomade is indeed a dupe or not. However, I can say I LOVE LOVE absolutely LOVE the NYX pomade.  And here is why: 
🔺The NYX pomade is so easy to work with, it has a blendable and thin consistency. 
🔺 I find it easy to build up the product on the brow, but a little definitely goes a long way. 
🔺And because you will only use such a small amount of product at a time, I can easily see this product lasting anywhere from 6 months-1 year. 
🔺To test if the claim of this product being water proof, I tested this product in the shower, and it is INDEED water proof. It did not budge! Even with the steam and splashing water in my face, my brows stayed put. Although, if you rub your brows with force, the pomade will begin to rub off as well. 

I can not say I have too many cons about this pomade, however I wish there was a bigger color selection (only 4 shades available so far). I believe NYX will release a broader color selection, hopefully, in the near future. 
Also, I feel because this pomade isn't a super opaque pigmented color, the end result is definitely a more natural looking brow versus a sculpted brow. I much more prefer this look, however I realize there as some who may like a more dramatic brow look. Keep that in mind before deciding to purchase this pomade. 
Overall, I would give the NYX Tame and Frame Eyebrow Pomade a 4.5/5 rating. And here is why: 
PRICE: 5/5 
QUALITY: 5/5 
COLOR RANGE: 4/5 
PREFORMANCE: 5/5 
Would I repurchase?: Most definitely! 

Thanks for taking the time to read my review! Next I will be the NYX Eyebrow gel in Black. I will also be doing an eyebrow tutorial on my YouTube Page "Natalia Krissy" 
More pictures of the Pomade below! 
It is amazing the magic of mascara, foundation, and of course brows can do. 
Thanks for reading!! And always remember to Create your Confidence!! 🎀🎀🎀








No comments:

Post a Comment